3 Tips for Achieving Your Goals

I’d always been an overachiever until I became friends with anxiety and depression. Then every small task became a huge deal, even going outside. While I still have those days, I’d like to share some tips on how to achieve your goals when dealing with anxiety and depression.

Planners are your best friend

When suffering from any mental illness your brain gets a little foggy and you may get very forgetful. I experienced this and being a college student it was something I had to figure out and tackle quickly. So naturally I went into a week-long YouTube binge on planner reviews and finally settled on a $60 planner which I only used for a month. The fact is, while that may work for some people I found the structure overwhelming. Having OCD tendencies meant my day would be ruined if I schedule breakfast at 6 am but ended waking up at 6:15 am. As silly or dramatic as that sounds, it happens. Through trial and error, I found that monthly and weekly planners worked better for me. However, they are not for everyone and you should explore your options.

Some of my favorite planners are:
Lilly Pulitzer Large 17-Month Agenda – Blue • $30
ban.do I Am Very Busy Journal • $20
ban. do Lady of Leisure 12-Month Planner • $12

Motivation is Key

Motivation is hard. Motivation while on depression or when dealing with anxiety is a whole other story. It’s hard to find and fades quickly. For me self-help podcast are excellent, I literally listen to them on a loop! Books also help, whether physical or audio books. The point is to find something or someone who can provide you motivation throughout the day.

Set achievable goals everyday

Most of the time our to do lists are extremely overwhelming. Break up your tasks into even smaller tasks. Trust me, this works! It much more motivating checking out Read Chapter 1 and Study Chapter 1 Notes rather than having Study Chapter 1.

Have any tips? Leave them down below, I’d love to hear from you.

Disclaimer: This post does contain affiliate links. However, all opinions are my own and I’ve only listed items that I’ve personally used. Image sources from affiliate links websites.

20 thoughts on “3 Tips for Achieving Your Goals

1. Dramas for Scrubs says:

Hi there!
    I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award! You do not have to complete any questions or nominate others if you do not want to! I want to let you know that I love your content. I’m always delighted to hear about your experiences, lifestyle, and tips!

Liked by 1 person

2. thewriteblogweb says:

These are all brilliant tips! I used to set myself really big goals and get really disappointed when I did not achieve them so setting smaller goals every day certainly boosted my self esteem! I would also recommend setting monthly goals so that you can tailor your daily goals to help you reach that monthly goal! For example:

MONTHLY GOAL: Reach 1000 followers on twitter
    DAILY GOAL: Promote my twitter and reach 800 followers.

Meg x | the-writeblog.blogspot.co.uk

Liked by 1 person

3. Chloe says:

Loved reading this! It’s always nice to have some tips out there to help you work out things, like achieving goals, being motivated etc. Also, those planners are gorgeous!

Chloe | chloetommo.co.uk
    xoxo

Liked by 1 person

4. Lauren says:

I always try and use planners but they don’t always help me either! My problem is I don’t trust myself to do things on time anyway so I give up beforehand, I think that’s my main area to work on!

I will have to give the daily to do list another try though, maybe if I set realistic goals each day I’ll be able to achieve them?

Lauren 🙂 X

Liked by 1 person

5. Summer @ Xingsings says:

Being organized is definitely a must for me as well. (Actually, a clean and organized study/work space is just so important.) And I also agree on writing down everything and using a planner. (I like that you linked a LP agenda; I used to use those when I was in undergrad, too.)

Anyway, great tips and lovely post!

Liked by 1 person

• Southern Belle in the West says:

I sure do! Some of my favorites are:
      1. You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero
      2. Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini
      3. Unfiltered by Lily Collins – It’s more of a memoir but it covers subjects like eating disorders, relationships and mental health

Glad you enjoyed the post!

Liked by 1 person